The success of your mobile app is determined by your capability to interact along with your customers primarily based on their particular person conduct and their actions inside your app. Whether or not you’re a Product Supervisor or Developer, you want a sensible mobile advertising and marketing technique to drive person retention.
Table of Content
CleverTap has outlined ten key buyer life moments under and ten examples of sensible push notifications you could repurpose on your app advertising and marketing technique:
1) Make them say ‘I do’ with a tender ask.
All the time suppress the default IOS immediate for opt-ins. Ship a push notification when the person is almost certainly to be engaged and pose the query as an extension of their person expertise.
2) Don’t say goodbye earlier than you say hey
On-boarding messages are a vital piece of your app success. With a sensible analytics and engagement platform, right here is how one can get began.
- When an ‘App Set up’ occasion is tracked, the person will be added to aLive Consumer Section referred to as ‘New Customers.” Let’s name this Day 0. Set off a welcome notification instantly. You possibly can ship a video tutorial or a spherical up of all of your companies to get the person acquainted along with your app.
- Day 1 – It’s time for a follow-up push notification. Verify to see if the primary desired motion (watch a video, clicked on the introductory provide or entered bank card data, uploaded profile pic) has been accomplished. If accomplished, look forward to the subsequent alternative to interact the person.
- If the specified motion has not been accomplished, ship the primary motion reminder e mail. It might additionally assist so as to add an incentive for performing an motion. For instance, if you happen to’re making an attempt to encourage a purchase order, providing a promo code may also help!
- If the specified motion has been accomplished, transfer the person to the subsequent behavioral section within the collection.
- Day 1, 3 and seven are the proper days to schedule your onboard messaging with essentially the most confirmed outcomes.
- Welcome messages get very excessive open and click on charges averaging as much as 50% since proper after signup, your app instructions excessive mindshare within the person’s thoughts.
3) Remove misplaced alternatives
In case you are an e-commerce app, deserted cart campaigns are one of the vital worthwhile campaigns of all. If executed properly, you’ll be able to say goodbye to misplaced alternatives. Right here is how one can sort out your deserted cart conditions:
- The person enters the Reside Section when the added to cart occasion is tracked.
- If a ‘Charged’ occasion is tracked, the person will probably be added to a Reside Consumer Section’ to obtain a thanks observe. You may also use this chance to upsell with associated merchandise and a reduction code.
- Based mostly on the typical purchasing time in your app, if a ‘Charged’ Occasion’ is NOT Tracked, the person will probably be added to a different section which is able to set off a Reminder Notification with a preview of things within the cart and a hyperlink to take a look at. You may also add extra low cost codes with an expiry to incentivize the customer.
4) Loyalty is inversely proportionate to churn
In the end your app success depends on the longevity of your person base and their engagement inside your app.
- In case you make investments your engagement efforts into preserving your customers comfortable from Day 1, your churn price will cut back dramatically. However that isn’t to say that your app uninstalls will probably be fully 0. There are nonetheless the instances of bloating, person expertise, and so forth. that can result in uninstalls.
- For each IOS and Android, you’ll be able to add what number of customers uninstalled your app routinely right into a previous conduct primarily based section. You possibly can set off an e mail to those prospects both with a re-engagement proposal or a survey to search out out the rationale for the uninstall.
5) Well timed messages triggered by person inaction
- For social apps, when customers who’ve registered however not posted something, they are often added to a section to obtain a notification inside x minutes/hours or days since registration.
- The place customers have posted a message, a set off will be set as much as immediate them to share on social media inside x minutes
6) Geography primarily based hyper-local segments mixed with conduct
- When customers are at Coachella who’ve greater than two associates on the occasion, however have NOT uploaded a Flipagram but.
7) Campaigns designed to sort out the app model improve
- Everytime you launch a brand new model of your app, customers who’re nonetheless on the previous model will be routinely added to a Reside section to obtain a notification to nudge them to the most recent model of your app along with your version-specific message
8) Non-payment facet of the Cost App driving conversions
- Shops like Walgreens use Apple Pay and Android Pay and so forth. that additionally has choices to ‘Add Coupons’ to the app. When you’ll be able to set off a ‘coupon expiry’ notification when a person is close to a retailer (primarily based on hyper-local segments), the possibilities of the person visiting the shop is extra probably.
9) Getting constructive ranking with a contextual message
- It’s the proper time to ask for an app assessment when the person has accomplished a constructive expertise along with your app
- Ask customers who’ve reviewed a product extremely, to additionally price your app within the App Retailer
- Small loyalty / reward / CEO-letter / badge to current prospects who’ve bought AND additionally rated your product excessive
10) Create feel-good experiences
Top-of-the-line use of campaigns is to make use of them to increase your model & product expertise
- Notification on the day of product supply, informing the shopper of supply
- Personalised in-app message welcoming first time customers with one thing related primarily based on the town/time of first app launch
In the end, the job of each push notification is to make your person’s job simpler. I learn this someplace and I quote “ Are you able to stroll as much as a buyer in a retailer and say that message with out being embarrassed?” In case your reply is ‘Sure, you’re off to a very good begin.