Trying to uninstall Chrome apps or Progressive Web Apps (PWA) in your Mac and might’t appear to determine how? Right here’s extra about this downside and three easy strategies to delete them.
Table of Content
Chrome apps on Mac
Once you go to some web sites utilizing Google Chrome, the web site would possibly present an alert to put in its Chrome app. Normally, the method takes simply two clicks, and these apps begin exhibiting in your Mac’s Launchpad.
Later, if you attempt to delete these apps by dragging them to the Trash, it received’t achieve success. What’s extra, in the event you press the Choice key inside Launchpad, these Chrome apps received’t present the X button to delete them.
Plus, though the Chrome apps seem within the Launchpad, you received’t discover them within the Purposes part contained in the Finder.
Subsequently, to delete these Chrome apps, you’ll have to observe one in all these strategies.
1. Uninstall from contained in the app
Comply with these steps to delete Chrome apps or PWA out of your Mac:
- Open the app you want to take away.
- Click on the three-dots icon from the highest proper of the window.
- Click on Uninstall app identify.
- Lastly, click on Take away.
2. Use AppCleaner
AppCleaner is one in all my all-time favourite Mac apps that I’ve been utilizing for a number of years. It helps you to cleanly delete apps and their residual folders. Plus, AppCleaner additionally permits you to uninstall apps that usually refuse to be deleted from the Launchpad.
Ensure that the Chrome app you need to delete isn’t open. Whether it is, right-click on its app icon within the Dock and select Stop. You may also press Command + Choice + esc and drive give up the Chrome app.
As soon as the Chrome app is give up, observe these steps to delete it:
- Open AppCleaner in your Mac.
- Click on the bullet checklist icon from the highest proper to see all of your put in apps.
- Select the Chrome app and click on Take away.
3. Use the Chrome apps folder
Comply with these steps to seek out the Chrome apps folder in your Mac and delete undesirable apps:
- Be in Finder and click on Go > Residence from the highest menu bar.
- Click on Purposes > Chrome Apps.
- Choose the Chrome app you want to delete, control-click it, and select Transfer to Trash.
- Lastly, empty the trash.
Tip: You may present the Residence folder in your Finder sidebar. For this, open Finder and press Command + Comma (,) keys to see its preferences. Click on Sidebar and examine the field for this consumer account.
These have been three simple methods to eliminate Chrome apps in your Mac which might be in any other case onerous to delete through regular strategies. I hope this tutorial was useful.